Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, January 29, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW : DIVERGENT!

Hi Guys! So this will be my first actual "Movie Review." I'm not that great in rating movies but I do hope you'll find my review awesome and true. Also, I'd probably rate movies that are based on books and movies that are movies. (Makes sense?) Lastly, I will now and probably until the future, be rating movies on THEIR OWN. Meaning I will rate the movies without considering the book. I will rate the character-choice, sounds, effects, edits, scenes, settings, and etc. because I want my blog to also be open to non-book guys, cause there are people that prefer movies than books. Also, if I'll consider the movie with the book. Trust me, 1 out of 1 million books can get a 5 or 4 rate from my blog. Everything okay now? Great! Let's begin!


credits to the maker/s


Details:

Title: Divergent

Director: Neil Burger

Running Time: 139 minutes

Genre: Science fiction, Action

Release Dates: March 18, 2014 (LA), March 21, 2014 (US)

Cast:

Shailene Woodley as Beatrice "Tris" Prior
Theo James as Tobias "Four" Eaton
Ashley Judd as Natalie Prior
Jai Courtney as Eric Coulter
Ray Stevenson as Marcus Eaton
ZoĆ« Kravitz as Christina
Miles Teller as Peter Hayes
Tony Goldwyn as Andrew Prior
Ansel Elgort as Caleb Prior
Maggie Q as Tori Wu
Mekhi Phifer as Max
Kate Winslet as Jeanine Matthews
Ben Lloyd-Hughes as Will
Christian Madsen as Al
Amy Newbold as Molly Atwood

Distributed by: Summit Entertainment, Lionsgate


Synopsis:
DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader(Kate Winslet)to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trustin the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. Based on the best-selling book series by Veronica Roth.


 Review/Rating:

~I'm kinda new at reviewing movies as I've said~

  • The character choice was almost perfect. Nothing's perfect right? (LOL) The actors that were chosen for each character I think have done a very good job in portraying and giving justice to the characters. (Both in book-side and movie-side) I mean Shailene who was Tris was really showing a weak personality in the beginning and was learning in the process. Theo James also emphasized his mysteriousness in the whole story. The character choice made the story clear for those non-readers movie freaks!
  • The sound effects and sort-of edits were two thumbs up. The editors and the staff did a good job in choosing the effects and edits in the movie. I wouldn't say that it was perfect, but it was awesome for a fiction movie!
  • The flow of events and scenes were awesome! I mean yeah it was based on the book, but it was very very good in terms of selecting the flow of scenes. Though I felt a "rushed" feeling in the middle part of the story which saddens me because it felt like cropped or shortened.
  • The choice of setting was very very good. I am not sure if the places were all edited or some are true but both are so great and awesome! The whole world of Divergent were all greatly described by the settings. The Dauntless Compound was so badass to look at, the Erudite was, well boring, xD All in all, I think I'll give the movie a perfect score in choosing/editing the settings very well.
  • The movie was action-packed awesomeness! I can't contain my excitement from the beginning to the end! Even though I knew what was going to happen because of the fact that I have read the book. It doesn't actually affect my excitement for the awesomeness in the film! Believe me, It's not disappointing! 
  • The director did a great job in creating/re-creating and making the whole film! Just watch it already! The film is so so so so so good! It's captivating and action-packed and awesome and wonderful and all of the wonderful things you could say! I'll give Director Neil a two thumbs up for the movie! Though, yes there are errors. But nothing's perfect right?
  • I, personally, loved the scenes! (Please skip this part, Spoiler Alert!) The movie was so good! From the aptitude test in which Tris got an inconclusive test! To the part where they met Four! And the part where Tris was beaten up! All of that! Especially in the part where after Tris got beaten up and chased the train to be able to be part of "capture the flag". It was so amazing! The part when Tris was able to stop the effect of the serum that is effecting to Divergent that the Erudite made that proves that faith and love is greater than knowledge! I was like "Beat that Jeanine!" and I love the part when Tris used the serum that Jeanine made to control her. My mind was so excited the whole through out the movie! I can't wait to watch (and read) Insurgent! Are you Excited for Insurgent too? Comment below! Though, NO SPOILERS please! For everyone's safety. XD
Reading with Luigi gives Divergent a:


4 CD's! (out of 5)


  • Book to movie part. I can't stop myself to post this! XD The book to movie was absolutely great! It wasn't perfect and I understand that because the movie's like 2 hours you know! And the book takes place in how many days? xD Neil Burger did a great job into being able to reproduce my views of the book in the movie. Though I didn't like the middle edits because it felt like the movie was out of nowhere and I thought in that part that the movie was going to be a big disappointment to us readers! But the ending was great! Watch it now guys!
Favorite Quotes:

The movie's a lot same in the book so to know my favorite quotes, head on to my Divergent Book Review (click "Divergent" to redirect you). 

My Friends' Short Reviews/Rating:

"I find the Divergent film amusing… it portrays most of the scenes in the book finely, with more twists in it. When Shailene Woodley gets in a fighting scene, she does it fine - not too cranky but not too gentle. If I were to rate the film on a scale of 1-10, I’ll give it a 7.5."- Jelo Francisco.

"For me, the movie was a well-produced one because of the accuracy and parallelism of some scenes in the book and in the movie itself. The settings were also accurate. However, I noticed that it has bad casting because the characters in the movie did not fit in the descriptions of the characters in the book. But overall, the actors/actresses played their roles very well as what was expected by the readers and audiences."- Sharlene Derilo Panem. 

"I really liked Divergent when I read it because of the book's concept. The idea of people divided in factions and you can choose where to go just got me. In real life, we cannot pick the faction where we want to be in. It's just that it has a cool plot that is better to read in books than watch in a movie. I think the movie is overrated. The first half of the movie is totally boring and I was disappointed. My classmates who did not read the book Divergent has a better adaptation. I just feel like the movie was not given justification I wanna see. I'm confused if it is because of if it is better to be read in books or the movie just lacks something."- Krizza Mae Martin.

"Divergent movie is cool, the adaptation of the plot is good. But there are some scenes and people who aren't in the movie, which is quite disappointing but it's worth watching."- Juliana Vergara.

"Divergent movie was epic. It was almost the book . And you can see what the characters see because it's chicago and the book is set in chicago.  One of the best book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen."- Kim Stephen Bejerano. 

So yeah! That was my first official Movie Review! Hooray for Me! Yeyy! I'm so sorry I rarely post now! I am so busy training for a Divisions Competition! I actually made the draft three weeks ago, and only had the time to finish it now! Sorry! and I'll try to make my best to always post after the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment