Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday, April 22, 2017

MY THOUGHTS ON | "HARD TIMES" BY PARAMORE

Hello, hi, and welcome! For today's post, I am doing something different. I am expressing all my rave about the new song Paramore has released with their new album (woot woot) available on the 12th of May! 

Without further ado, let's begin!




First of all, if by chance you still have not listened to Paramore's new single, "Hard Times", then what are you doing? Listen to it now! I'll link it down below.


Just a bit of a disclaimer, I may or may not be a little bit biased into expressing my thoughts on this song. Most of you might not know this, but I LOVE PARAMORE. Most of my preteen to teen days have been heavily spent on listening and singing their songs. Still Into You, Ain't it Fun and much more were my jam back then (and up to now, let's be honest). I mean, I love Adele and Ed Sheeran as well but they were introduced to me now that I am a bit older, all of my obsessions back then were poured into Paramore songs. 


Disclaimers aside, here are my thoughts on Paramore's new single!



First of all, IT IS WONDERFUL. Let me just get that out. "Hard Times" is such a refreshing song that has a more of a lighter vibe added to my playlist full of dramatic Ed Sheeran and Adele songs (plus some other artists). Which, I am not complaining about, don't get me wrong. I love dramatic songs but I usually find myself having less upbeat songs. The only thing that comes to mind right now besides Hard Times is "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake. So, this song definitely refreshed me since I am having Ed's Divide on repeat for the past weeks (or months, oops).  



Music wise, this is definitely amazing! I do think that, while it is not exactly unique as to what other people claim, is anything really "unique" these days? Like out of millions of millions of songs produced can a song still be completely "unique"? So in terms of being unique, I have got no issues with songs. I definitely love the beat. It's very easy to get into. I literally have this song on repeat both on my phone and on my head. I loved it. I loved the verses and of course, the catchy chorus. I also really really appreciated the musical arrangement. I absolutely love the message. It's kind of, as I said for already a thousand times, refreshing since it refers to dramatic messages and themes (like literally the title is "Hard Times") but it's more of an upbeat song. I kinda like that, to be honest. I think it's quite odd of me to talk about all the musical technicalities because even though I know the basics—like rhythm, texture, dynamics, tempo, and such—because we study it in school, I'm really not comfortable discussing those aspects as if I am completely knowledgeable. So yeah, generally, I loved the music, adored the beat, appreciated the message, and was refreshed after listening to it.

Now the music video is something else. I absolutely loved it! It's just very sketchy and edgy in a way. I loved the all crazy color scheme. I loved the mix of actual things and edited things. I love all the crazy sketches that's inserted every once and a while. I loved Hayley's attitude, well I always have loved her. She's just very charming but not in a childish way. I just love her. I loved the whole finished product of the music video. Definitely appreciated what they did to this music video. I loved all the weirdness and the charisma. I just genuinely love this music video.

Hard Times, as it is probably obvious, is my new favorite song! I really really loved it and I cannot wait for May 12th for their new album! Can it not be released early? Waaah. I really am genuinely excited. Probably more excited than when I was waiting for Divide (which I really loved though) and a bunch of different albums and releases. I am so excited! I'm just really pumped up for this. So yeah, thumbs up to the whole team of Paramore for their amazing job in Hard Times and I am pretty sure I'll love all the songs in After Laughter as much or even more!

--

So that is the end of my kinda review of Paramore. If this might help, I have found a really handy ukulele tutorial for Hard Times. I am currently practicing my ukulele skills and I definitely will be practicing and singing my heart out. I'll link the tutorial below in case you might need it. It's from the Ukulele Teacher on youtube. 


If you are planning to practice this as well. Tell me guys and maybe we can practice all together!

And if you noticed, I kinda went different with this post of mine. I used contractions a lot (which I rarely do), and really didn't edit this post through. That's because I am kinda going through a more relaxed chit chat post. I kinda want to be more informal. Let me know if you like this more than the very professional mode of mine.

I think that is it! I hope you enjoyed this post. What are your thoughts about Hard Times? Comment down below so we could talk or let's chat through different social media that you can simply click on the sidebar! I hope to hear from you guys soon!

I will have another post up very soon and may the universe contrive to bring happiness to each and every one of your hard times!



No comments:

Post a Comment