Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Monday, March 21, 2016

FEBRUARY BOOK HAUL (PRE-BIRTHDAY BOOK HAUL) | 2016

~ Welcome to Day 4 of #29DaysWithLuigi ~


Today, I will be sharing my February Book Haul with you guys! I labeled this book haul as my "Pre-Birthday Book Haul" because I've noticed that I've kinda spent most of my money last February instead of my birthday month, which is March. Thus, I included it into my birthday bookhaul.

Let's begin!


Last month, I got a total number of seven books. Believe me, that's a lot of amount for a high school student like me. These books are from events, online sellers, and bookstores.


The first book that I got was Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. 

I got this book from Scholastic as they visited our school in the first week of February. They were there because our school was celebrating it's anniversary as well as intramurals, I guess my school invited them? 

Basically, I know very little about this book. I can only tell from the synopsis that this book is kind of has a royalty thing going on. It follows Harper Price and his kinda turned around destiny. As I've said, I know very little about this book, but a lot of my favorite booktubers liked it and so I was intrigued. I grabbed the chance to purchase it.






The second set of books I got last month is The Guardians series by William Joyce which composed of four books: Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King, E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core, Toothania Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies, and The Sandman and The War of Dreams. There is a fifth book, I think, coming out this year, concluding the series. 

I got this book from Raggity Onlyn over at facebook!

I have read the first two books in the series last month as you can probably tell from my February Wrap-up. I have enjoyed it very much! It follows Katherine as she discovers their magical world and find ways to finally stop Pitch, the Nightmare King. This is filled with magical elements I have definitely enjoyed. It also has wonderful lessons and it is just purely fascinating! 


The sixth book I got last month is a signed and personalized copy of Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.



I got this from Reader's Collectibles over at facebook!

This book is about two main character Eleanor and Park as they develop feelings for their "extraordinary" love. I don't know anything more about this book except that it is great.






The final book I got last month is Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard which is the sequel to Red Queen. I got this book from National Bookstore in preparation for #VictoriaAveyardinPH last March.

I can't tell anything more about this book because it is a sequel and it would mean I had to spoil the 1st book. But, the 1st book is following our main character, Mare Barrow, as she discovers she has powers being a red. Their world is divided into blood - red are the slaves and normal beings, silvers are the elite and has supernatural abilities. So when Mare discovers she has powers being a red, she struggles to survive her life and then the story revolves around how she copes and overcomes these struggles.

That is it! I got a total of 7 books and I very thankful for that. Thank you to the online stores who have helped me find these treasures!

--

That's it for Day 4 of #29DaysWithLuigi! Stay tuned for tomorrow's post!


No comments:

Post a Comment