Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, March 27, 2016

SUMMER TBR | 2016

~ Welcome to Day 10 of #29DaysWithLuigi ~


I am finally back on daily blogging after three days of posting on instagram as part of #29DaysWithLuigi! I kinda decided to do instagram post for the past three days because I was very occupied by different religious activities and I was with my friends yesterday. I also felt that it was not sorta 'right' to celebrate with different post considering the holy week happening. But, today is a festive day! Today is Easter Sunday which is extra festive for me and I also wish you all the festivity there is. 

For today, I will be presenting you my summer vacation to-be-read pile. Now, I don't literally mean summer, I mean summer 'vacation'. Because let's be honest, summer is almost felt for months and months here in the Philippines. To be specific, the books you are about to see are the books I am planning to read on the month of April and May. I'm still not quite sure if June is included in here since coming back to school can be early as the first day of June. So, let's hope for the best, ey?

Let's begin!


Now, for clarifications, I am not planning to read all of these in order, or to just read all of these. It all depends on how my summer vacation will go on. I also am not stating that I will surely be able to read all of these because as you probably have learned from my '25 Bookish Facts About Me' post previously, I am a very slow reader just because of some factors you've read there. 

Starting from the bottom, the first book I want to read is Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

If you do not know what this book is about, it is two main characters, I believe, named Kady and Ezra who was apparently breaking up. This is set off in a futuristic world, year 2575 and there's sort of a war happening between planets in the universe and the two main characters are forced to work together. There are like spreading plagues, destruction, and such across the universe. 

I don't know much about this book but I do know that it looks (especially with that acetate cover) and sounds amazing.




The next book is actually an ARC I won last Victoria Aveyard Book Signing hosted by National Bookstore. It is entitled Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes.

It is a retelling of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. In this book, Dinah, our main character, is the next Queen of Hearts. I believe she struggles with some suspicious events as her coronation day approaches. It is up to her to kind-of unravel these things out and discover how to solve the problems her kingdom is facing.

This book comes of on May 16, 2016.



The next books are the 3rd and 4th book in The Guardians series by William Joyce namely Toothania Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies and Sandman and the War of Dreams.

I am excited to finish the released books in the series and I am more excited to read the next installment afterwards which I think is coming out this October 2016.

If you want to know more about the book series, I reviewed the first and second book on my February Wrap-Up. For a quick intro, we follow Katherine, our main character, as she fights the forces of the Nightmare King, Pitch, with the help of his friends and alliances to protect the world from Pitch' greediness. 




The next books are kinda more of a light read and I just wanted to read them and have fun. These are the second and third book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney. They are Rodrick Rules and The Last Straw

These series is probably well known enough for me to elaborately explain. To shorten it we follow Greg on his life as he writes it on his 'journal'. That probably sums up the whole series.







The next books I am planning to read are actually books that I still do not have copies of.





I am looking forward into reading The Rose Society by Marie Lu.

I loved the first book, The Young Elites, and I actually have my book review of it, here. I gave the first book a 4.7/5 Stars and I can't wait to dive in further in the series.

It follows Adelina as she gets her revenge on those who used and cast her aside. It's a very dark book with magical elements I really loved. That's pretty much I can say without spoiling the first book.







The last book on my list is Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.

I was very looking forward into reading this book but I don't know what pushed my excitement to fade a little. This basically takes place in the Grisha universe but in a different location. It follows what I believe are six different people in Ketterdam, a place in the Grisha world. I don't have much of an idea on what is going around this book but I loved the Grisha trilogy so I assume I'll love this as well, or probably even better.

I actually reviewed the books in the Grisha trilogy, and there links will be on the title of the books following: Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, and Ruin and Rising

So, these are the books that I am planning to read this summer. What are yours? I am excited to dive in to these books!






--

That is it for today's post! I am so excited to read these books and I hope you can share your TBR as well to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment